Virtual Physiotherapy Thunder Bay
In light of the recent COVID-19 Pandemic, virtual physiotherapy sessions have become a preferred treatment solution for many of our clients living in the Thunder Bay and region looking for access to treatment.
Understandably, many individuals question the success rate and effectiveness of virtual care. An overwhelming amount of evidence proves that this form of treatment is as effective (in some cases better) as the kind of treatment offered in a clinical setting.
Virtual physiotherapy works remotely through secured video consultations and / or phone calls as the means through which sessions are administered in real-time to all patients looking to manage their current conditions.
With virtual physiotherapy, your health concerns and well-being can be effectively maintained and upheld.
These sessions can treat a myriad of problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal conditions.
- Performance enhancement
- Pre and post-surgical conditions
- Gait and balance training
- Joint replacement
- Injury preventions
After making an appointment with your dedicated physiotherapist, you will receive an email containing instructions on how to access the scheduled session. This email will also consist of a secured link that you can access using your computer, smartphone, or tablet. The link will lead you into a digital space that allows video and audio communication between you and your physiotherapist. Here, communication will be held as well as the physiotherapy session.
For over twenty five years, our treatment philosophy has always focused on early intervention and education to restore pain free movement as quickly and safely as possible. You can expect your physiotherapist to do the following:
- Take a full, detailed history of your concern in detail.
- An assessment of your injury and pain points.
- A physical examination that includes an observation of your posture, range of motion in the affected joints, and a series of functional tests.
- Offer you an explanation of your injury or condition and the available options that will aid in managing it.
- Provide a individualized treatment plan that is suitable for your environment.
- Advice on the best exercises that you could do along with emailed photos and videos.
- Give you a review of your exercise forms and correct those done wrong.
- Focus on the treatment without the impending stress of the normal crazy schedules of our day to day lives
- Sessions are private and secure and offer you the chance to choose a comfortable and familiar environment
- Connect with your expert physiotherapist from the location of your choice
- Accountability which helps you become more consistent.
- Consistent communication and feedback on your progress. This gives you the advantage of tracking your progress and ultimately improving your condition.
- Save on transportation costs and time.
- Ensure you have the necessary wifi ready through which you will access the provided link.
- Prepare the environment of your choice as quiet and as comfortable as you would like
- Dress comfortably depending on the area that needs treatment
- Ensure your video is clear and has good lighting to allow your physiotherapist to guide you appropriately
In most cases, yes! We are not aware of cases where any extended health insurer has refused to cover virtual physiotherapy sessions as a part of their normal physiotherapy benefits. We have no reports of any claims being denied. However, to be sure you are advised to contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage plan and its details.
It is our passion to understand your concerns, and to offer you solutions for your challenges. Our personal experience with virtual physiotherapy has proved that the method indeed works for patients who commit to the treatment plan and are consistent in showing up for the scheduled sessions. We are committed to serving and providing you with excellent care to help you recover and maintain a healthy life.
Take advantage of the many benefits of virtual therapy by booking your sessions with us!
Fanti & Associates Physiotherapists
Address: 678 John St, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1Z6