Sports Injury Physiotherapy Thunder Bay - Get Back In The Game
At Fanti + Associates Physiotherapists, we realize our athletes want the active sport-specific therapy that they need.
They are motivated to follow through with exercise programming to help them get back to their active life more quickly, and they want education to help prevent the risk of injury.
In their downtime, many of our therapists are also personally involved in various sports programs in the Thunder Bay community, including hockey, soccer, basketball, sailing, and volleyball (to name a few).
We have experience in the sporting fields that helps us work with you to set goals and improve rehab programming following an injury specific to the sport you play.
Our therapists have done hours of additional training in numerous areas, including acupuncture, exercise programs, dry needling, manual therapy, myofascial release, shockwave therapy, and mobilization. All of this additional training contributes to giving you the treatment and expertise that you need in a timely manner, thereby reducing pain that is keeping you away from your favorite sport.
Sports injury rehabilitation treats a wide range of common conditions, including:
- Acute sport injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Shoulder rotator cuff and subluxations
- Knee injuries (ligament sprains, meniscal tears)
- Ankle sprains
- Groin injuries
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament repairs
- Post-op surgical rehabilitation (ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repairs, etc.)
- Running injuries
Frequently Asked Questions About Sports Injury Physiotherapy Thunder Bay
- Physiotherapists are responsible for assessing the risks of an injury regarding the patient’s participation in physical activities or a specific sport or exercise. They then relay this information to the individual, athlete, or coach and train them for injury prevention.
- Physiotherapists assess and manage a range of conditions related to sports injuries and then develop a custom treatment plan that will restore you to an optimal level of athletic performance.
- A physiotherapist is equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to respond appropriately when injuries occur during training or competition.
- Experienced physiotherapists have a role to play in providing evidence-based advice regarding an individual’s state and how to avoid the risks that come with specific injuries.
- Physiotherapists improve the mechanics and the strength of an individual’s body parts.
- It is the duty of a physiotherapist to design an appropriate and realistic time frame to determine when an individual will return to sports.
Contact Us Today For Any Questions Related Pain or Sports Injury
Our team of physiotherapists improves clients accessibility by using an active treatment approach, enhanced patient care, and effective communication with clients. Our physiotherapists are fully registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and have been providing comprehensive physiotherapy services for over 25 years.
If you would like to make any further inquiries about sports injury, or you would like to book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists with extensive experience in injury and acute care management, please contact us!
Fanti + Associates Physiotherapists offers insurance covered, one-to-one physiotherapy, acupuncture, and sports rehabilitation services for the residents of Thunder Bay and surrounding areas. Put years of clinical experience behind your care.
Fanti & Associates Physiotherapists
Address: 678 John St, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 1Z6